new guy needs help

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Help-FULL Hands

new guy needs help

Post by Help-FULL Hands »

Hello
This is my first time using this forum. My problem is that when I use the 3D machinist when it comes to the cutting of the part it does not want to change the bits it will run the whole program without stopping to change from rough to finish so I have been sending it to Vcarve pro and that seems to work is there something I am not setting up.
sea horse - rough 1/4" ball nose, finish 1/8" ball nose, cut out 1/8" end mill
hope someone can help :?:

aminear

Re: new guy needs help

Post by aminear »

This is probably due to the way the Vectric post processor writes this to your machine gcode.

What software controls your machine?

What post processor are you selecting?

Help-FULL Hands

Thanks for the reply
My software is Flashcut
post processor is flashcut inch(*.fgc)
P.S.
I just finished cutting out the seahorse using v carve and 3/4 threw it was only cutting air is that my programs cofiguring

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

As far as I am aware there is no toolchange option in the Flashcut post in Machinist so it should only be letting you save each individual toolpath (Rough, Finish, Cut-Out) as seperate files. If you run them seperatley manually changing the tools does it work?

Are you combining them in Flashcut? If so perhaps that is why they are running together and they need an additonal set of instructions between each one to change the tool?

Thanks,
James

Help-FULL Hands

Hi James
I am combining them :oops: so it makes sense what you said to do them separate I'm use to V Carve Pro where it does it automatically thanks for your help