Using Aspire to create dish version

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Using Aspire to create dish version

Post by calgrdnr »

Hello James ,

I am going to purchase the Last supper 2, I plan on getting the regular version . I like the dish version also. I was wondering since I bought Aspire. Could I make regular into the dish version on my own ? That frees up monies for other models.

I am assuming STL is what I need to get

thanks

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Re: Using Aspire to create dish version

Post by Turtle49 »

I think you can, check out this thread where James comments on modifying the VectorArt3D files.
http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4110
With regard to whether the license allows you to do this or not - it certainly DOES allow you to. This is one of the reasons I think Aspire is so great for our clipart because there is so many variations you can make from something like the Animal Collection (especially if you have a few scenary trees etc.). The license allows unlimited editing and then carving of any of our models. What the license does prohibit is re-selling or giving away the artwork in electronic form (in any format) even if its heavily modified and/or making a production device like a mold or die from it.
I think, based on what he has said in the past that the V3M files are the best quality to download.

Hope this helps,
Tim
:D
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

Thanks Tim, I got impatient and ordered them as STL . I have beed playing with them in Aspire . I can get it to dish so I am happy. Made my dollars go further. I even got the wreath so hopefully I gcan make platers too. Now I need to find source for decent wood here in Visalia or reasonably close. thanks for the answer

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hi Kent, - hopefully you got the download issue sorted out - email me if not. Using Aspire you should be able to put the models in a dish and also even create the C-recess version too with a bit of effort using the sculpting tools. Cheers,
James

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

Hi James got everything to download on one of my XP machines. Still can't get the files via Vista machine... No biggy I have XP on a few machines and they are networked. Thanks for getting me the V3M files

thanks again