attaching mouldings

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

attaching mouldings

Post by cabnet636 »

james i posted this in an email and realize it would be better asked here

jim

james, how can we attach mouldings # 36267 end to end to create longer pieces without distortion or seperation lines

would it be beneficial for these mouldings to be available in 96" lengths for commercial use?

thanks jim

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Jim,
that is a while since we added those files and to the best of my knowledge it should be possible to create a toolpath for a 12" length in Machinist or Cut3D then import the V3M/V3D into VCarve Pro and make copies of it to make longer lengths. Although I have to say that I am not 100% sure on this as I can see issues with the tool dropping over the edges if I did not set up the boundary correctly. I will need to check it to be sure.

You are probably right we need to add a 96" and possibly 48" version to the site. I will have to have a think about it and see what would work best. I will try the toolpath - multiples in VCP later today and report back.

Thanks,
James

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

james we can carve in the c model and trim the excess off from the edges, actually i premoved the excess in the grape file for less stress on the bit when i carved it, the length of 48 or 96 will open this up to furniture builders and kitchen cabinetmakers!!

thanks for your help!!

jim