Error Message

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Twood1

Error Message

Post by Twood1 »

We are using 3D mach. and when we try to save the file to be cut an error message says an invalid argument was encountered, does anyone know what this is ?

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

It sounds like it might be somthing to do with the postprocessor list. Did you get the installation from the website? If so then if you have deleted any posts from the list or tried to edit them (or add one) it may have caused an issue. My best recommendation from what you said would be to uninstall the software, then re-download a freshinstall from the site and try re-installing it. If this does not work then please email me direct at jab(at)carve3d(dot)com

Thanks,
James

Twood1

Post by Twood1 »

Well we uninstalled and downloaded the program and reinstalled and are still getting the invalid argument error and the postprocessors have not been altered.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Twood1 - can you email me with your contact info and I will call you to discuss the problem as this is something we have not come accross before, my direct email is jab(at)carve3d(dot)com
Thanks,
James

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

This message is usually caused by the Post Processor folder having been deleted ( or all of the post processors within the folder being deleted )

(Default location is "C:\Program Files\Vector Art 3D Machinist\PostP"
It might be wise to re-install the software if this is the case.

I hope that this helps.

Mark.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Just to add to Mark's post, as well as deleting all the posts you can occasionally encounter this error if you add new posts or do a lot of editing of the posts in Machinist - there is a fix but it involves an uninstall, edit the registry and re-install. As this is a process better discussed over the phone, please call or email with your info if you do see this problem (so far its only occured 3 or 4 times to our knowledge) and we will help you though it.

Thanks, James