Model Styles

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Doublestorm
Model of CNC Machine: Oliver Intellicarve

Model Styles

Post by Doublestorm »

I've purchased a few D&M files and have had reasonably good success with them...but something has always been a bit of a mystery to me: what would be the intended applications between the Style A and Style C models??? I mean, in what situation to achieve what specific results would you decide which style to use? They both seem very similar, but I'm sure there must be a reason for the slight difference between the 2.

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: Model Styles

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello Doublestorm...

Thanks for the question. We offer 3 different styles...

A - Positive model used for all sorts of project or application. Looking to make a raised applique for a project, making a collage of models or hacking it into a Design and Make project... this is the one you might pick.

B - Dished style used if you have a piece of material and you are looking to machine it below the surface. So if you purchase a premade door for cupboard and want to add a motif but it needs to be below the surface... then this one is for you.

C - Much like B but has a hand carved look... not a smooth dish look to its edges... gives a rustic look.

Hope that helps...

Thanks!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com