Design & Make Models

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Design & Make Models

Post by martin54 »

Just a quick thought & don't even know if this would be possible but all the Design & Make projects come with at least one pre assembled layout to get people started. I recently cut some of the wildlife scenes pre assembled layouts which came out really well but the one disappointing factor is that all the pre assembled layouts are baked into one single component so I cant go & look at each individual component to look at its properties & see how the whole thing fits together.

If they came pre assembled but not as one component then you would be able to look at each components properties to see how they had been set, so if any base height, fades, tilts etc etc that had been applied you could see this. I think this would help those of us that are new to 3d modelling understand the process better.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Design & Make Models

Post by JamesB »

Hi Martin,

It's a good suggestion and one we've considered. However the V3M format does not support individual components so it's not possible to offer this currently. For the future we are examining many options though although there is no current timeline or details I can offer.

Thanks
James

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Martin,
The way I make models is to include components of varying properties ( add, subtract, merge etc. ) as well as multiple layers, with their own unique property.
It would be almost impossible to show the individual components and have them make sense to the end user without an accompanying Aspire file.
I can understand your suggestions but to do that would add an extra expense developing something so detailed.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Yes I realise that now thanks Michael, I was thinking that they were all the same company & selling to vectric users but as soon as I read James reply about the V3M file format the penny dropped. I have a few of them & I think because they install, are viewed & import/open the same way as the supplied vectric models I don't think of them as being any different. Soon as I read James reply I remembered that they were also offered in other file formats as well, plus now I think about it a bit more they would have to supply a whole vectric file in order to do that & what version of the software would you offer that in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: