Need help with free design and make project

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

misterx
Model of CNC Machine: CNC SHARK HD2 Extended bed

Need help with free design and make project

Post by misterx »

Hi everyone, Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong? I am having a problem with the free design & make heart program. I do the 3d roughing cutout then go to the 3d finishing step and it is cutting too deep in some spots and not deep enough in others. It is leaving a grove all the way around the heart, ribbon and key. I think I did it as the tutorial says, but I didn't do something right. I am using VCarve Pro 8.0 and the touch plate with the CNC Shark Pro Plus. the finishing pass is done with a .125" ball nose. I am send pictures and my .crv if someone would please help me and show me what I did wrong that would be great. Thanks Tim P.S. How can I put my .crv on this forum?
Attachments
0127b5305f0117d18395b84941a6ebda648f640ef5.jpg
01acb06751afa8cd8d4f2b2c3f41b51411b1f5ed18.jpg

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: Need help with free design and make project

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello MisterX...

First off does the preview look right in the software? That is where you could start. If it looks OK then there might be a problem with the machine setup, tool changing or something else.

If the preview looks like what you are seeing on the machine then I would look at you tooling.

Please feel free to email me directly and we can sort out a way for me to look at the tololing... assuming that is the problem... after you check the preview.

Let me know...
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

misterx
Model of CNC Machine: CNC SHARK HD2 Extended bed

Post by misterx »

Hi Todd, when I look at the preview it looks good, it don't show them line and gouges in the preview. I made another project with just the heart and ribbon and it was smaller and that one turned out good didn't have any lines or gouges in it, I made it out of pine. Then I went back and did the one that I posted here again and it did the same thing (lines & gouges), I did this one in walnut again. So I don't know what is going on. Thanks Tim

tonydude
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tonydude »

misterx,

Can you send me the file and I will look at it. I had no problem with mine.

tonydude919 at yahoo dot com

Tony