mach 3 & 3d files

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

john teichman
Vectric Apprentice

mach 3 & 3d files

Post by john teichman »

James it seems as mach skips tiny moves of one thousand of inch and this is not a problem for most files however longer files start to lift the z after about 4.5 to 5 hr. of run time i was wondering if you heard this before or not

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

I have never heard of this and it sounds odd as I would not expect it to change the code from what was output from the software. Lifting in the Z sounds more like a mechanical issue than one with the control software - have you talked to the people from Mach to find out if this is really something their software is doing? Anyone else have any experience of something similar? - Sorry not to be more help,
James

handcrafted

Post by handcrafted »

habe seen this many times... although I thought it was just my machine... I have found that like anything, a break is always nice. I feed hold my run while I am having a coffee break. I know this sounds stupid but I thing Mach 3 is not the best program and to many lines of code messes with its mind.

slow down and give it that break (it cools everything down)

john teichman
Vectric Apprentice

mach 3 & 3d files

Post by john teichman »

thanks for your interest i have the guy from que. that made my machine working on this w/ me they spoke to art from mach he claims it does not skip any moves but i think stores them some way and uses them does not mak sense to me but they are testing 3d 12 in. eagle file now with new version of a mach 3 smoothing program now, i also tried grex not much better very slow when it has a lot of z moves cutting seams to take to long w/ it i will let you know how the smoothing program goes in a while after they get done testing it the machine guys are great in doing this there co. name is EBF in Que. ca.
Attachments
4th disc010.jpg