Help with design and make project Western Saloon 2

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

jpatton
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD Plus

Help with design and make project Western Saloon 2

Post by jpatton »

I've searched the forums, viewed video and still at a loss...I purchased the WS2..Dialed in the project. Setup the roughing and finishing tool paths, but having the darnedest time trying to figure out how to do the raised lettering. V-Carve wants to always carve into the material. I've tried prism carving...Tracing the project and making a pocket tool path,,,which cuts everything in the plaque out...I'm at my wits end here....Anyone done any of these projects with raised text that can offer a bit of advice or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated....

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Help with design and make project Western Saloon 2

Post by FixitMike »

Raised lettering is made by adding a border around the text, and then choosing the border along with the text for VCarving or Pocket cutting.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

jpatton
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD Plus

Post by jpatton »

Thanks for the info. So I guess the model can have raised letters w/o any other items in view, or I can have the items, boots etc, but would also end up having a "boxed" view of the wording...I was hoping I could of had the best of both worlds...lol...Appreciate the info...

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Place borders around everything you want to leave, and select them along with the text and outer border.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.