File 35b

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

john teichman
Vectric Apprentice

File 35b

Post by john teichman »

I have been using this loon file with out problems until i tried to cut 13.25 d and .375 below surface .25 per pass first pass ok but 2nd. seems to lose 0 off set itself and start in wrong start point?? i am saved in inch and ruffing and finish in one file to mach 3 atc. any ideas. i will try to pos file later site seams to busy now . John

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

John,

there should be no problem with changing the size or settings for any VA3D file with 3D Machnist or Cut3D. The key is to check the Preview looks good. If that looks OK then the code should be fine - assuming of course your postprocessor is suitable for your machine controller. So if the preview looks OK and you have used the postprocessor successfully before it may be a machine, control or tool issue. Feel free to email the V3M file to us to take a look at jab(at)carve3d(dot)com. Also feel free to post images of what is happening (please do not post the 3D file here).

Thanks, James