Outline vector

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Outline vector

Post by glenninvb »

While messing around w/ a 3d machinist model in VCP, I found if you un-group the model the out-line vector is there but the greyscale image disappears and even undo doesn't bring it back? It doesn't seem to matter as far as machining as the tool-paths are there anyway. Is there a way to select or copy the outline vector w/o importing the .eps one? and not losing the grayscale?

glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Re: Outline vector

Post by glenninvb »

glenninvb wrote:While messing around w/ a 3d machinist model in VCP, I found if you un-group the model the out-line vector is there but the greyscale image disappears and even undo doesn't bring it back? It doesn't seem to matter as far as machining as the tool-paths are there anyway. Is there a way to select or copy the outline vector w/o importing the .eps one? and not losing the grayscale?
I just figured out (duh), I can do what I wanted w/o the out-line vector anyway by just selecting the model as is along w/ a profile vector. I was pocketing the waste around the model to model depth and adding an off-set texture tool-path. I always used the imported eps vector and scaled for some reason?

But would still like to know about the ungroup, grayscale disappearing thingy.......

Thanks,
Glenn

Probably a tutorial about this somewhere? But that would make it too easy :)