3 D model depth change

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

3 D model depth change

Post by GaryR6 »

I have a 3d model from Vectric that I cut yesterday. It is a dished model of a bear. Its a fine model but I would like to make it deeper. It seemed shallow for the 1.5 inch wood I was using.
Is there a process I can use to change the depth of the model or has it been baked to that depth?
Could I re-download the model in STL and change the depth of the model? Any help would be appreciated.
Shopbot/Aspire user.

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: 3 D model depth change

Post by tmerrill »

Gary,

In Aspire you would import your model and use the Set Select Objects size tool to adjust it's X and Y dimensions. You would want to keep these linked so the model doesn't get distorted.

When you have those set were you want them, highlight the model name in the Component list and click the icon that looks like a wrench. This opens the Component Properties and you can then set the Shape Height (depth) at that time. Give the display a second or two to update or press the Space bar to force it.

Tim

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Re: 3 D model depth change

Post by GaryR6 »

THANKS T