Turning Spindle on and off in Aspire

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

kirkp
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Comet

Turning Spindle on and off in Aspire

Post by kirkp »

Help

I am new to this wonderful world of CNC wood carving. I have a Fireball Comet machine which uses a EMC2 on Linux and Ubuntu as the CNC control Software, I use Aspire 3.5 in creating an image in which to carve. I have successfully loaded the image into the EMC2 software using the file “G” code extension EMC 2 ARC. I go thru all the machine sets; home and the touch off procedures. I have been thru the Aspire manual and know that I am looking for M3 and M5 switches to turn on the Spindle or Router. I have not found anything in the tool path tab or any information on how to locate the switch (M3 clock wise) to turn on the Spindle, or the M5 code used to switch off the spindle, I am sure it is a quick fix. I am just a little overwhelmed at the beginning of this venture. I think this feature will be useful when going to and from a layer which a manual tool change is needed.

KirkP

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Turning Spindle on and off in Aspire

Post by Adrian »

Codes like that are inserted into the Post Processor file that you use. It's not something you enter in Aspire itself.

On the Aspire Help menu you will find an item called Post Processor Editing Guide. That will tell you how to edit a Post Processor to include the codes you want. It shouldn't be too tricky as from what I can see the existing EMC Post Processors have M codes already in them, just not the two you need.