Problem with a file could use some guidance

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

tomcasey34

Problem with a file could use some guidance

Post by tomcasey34 »

Well
I cut the first pocket works awesome, cut the second path works great, try to cut the circle pocket and instead of it cutting the 1.875 hole it starts a huge 4 inch or so path.......
Not really sure why, I have re-drawn it 2 times and it still cuts a large diameter
Attachments
New.crv
(378 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Ken Rychlik
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Buy, fix, and sell them

Re: Problem with a file could use some guidance

Post by Ken Rychlik »

The two circles are drawn at 2.125

If they are cutting a different size AND you are using the same bit you designed it with,,,, then there could be an issue with the machine/postprocessor arcs settings.

What brand of cnc are you using, what post processor are you running on it, and that kind of info would help.
Custom CNC Work
Local Machine Repairs and Programming

tomcasey34

Re: Problem with a file could use some guidance

Post by tomcasey34 »

Well I thought it would be important to just post the resolution to close this out. A few years ago I wrote down the settings of the machine (arcs, scale, table dimensions, etc.) I believe it is the called the machine settings (A great idea BTW). Never thought the settings could get dumped but they did. I entered the settings for machine (post processor) back into the interface and BooM it worked again. So lesson learned back everything you enter into the machine settings for times like this.