trying to find a good craftsman

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
mone918

trying to find a good craftsman

Post by mone918 »

my name is keith, i live in texas. i dont own a cnc or any software. i'm trying to find a craftsman in texas with the aspire or photocarv software. i have artistic design i'd like created.
please contact me at m.agbeko@yahoo.com with ur prices and contact information

proformancevtwin
Vectric Apprentice

Re: trying to find a good craftsman

Post by proformancevtwin »

What are you needing done before any prices can be figured

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Re: trying to find a good craftsman

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Reference my reply in the Aspire thread:
Thkoutsidthebox wrote:What exactly do you want?
  • Do you want someone to take your design and create a carved part (Sign, component etc) ?
    Do you want them to ship this part to you?
    Will it be a once off or repeat order and what magnitude...2 units or 2000 ?
    What material should it be made from?
    Approx what size should it be?
    Is it artistic or mechanical and are there specific tolerances?
    Is your design a photograph which you want carved flat or a design you want created as a relief model or 3D?
Is short, when posting a request like this people need more information. Providing as much info as possible will let those who can't do it know, and avoid wasting your time and theirs. Peoples machines have limited cutting area, some people cant do 3D, others only work with certain materials etc

Some people will email you with your post above, but lots won't bother because their time is better spent chasing jobs which they know more about. Provide as much specifics as possible. If possible pictures or diagrams are good but not essential if you can't share them. :)