Relief Printing

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
EtP

Relief Printing

Post by EtP »

Has anyone tried relief printing blocks with V Carve?
There is incredible potential here for making posters, in 4 color since the screen angles, frequency and color seperations are possible with most graphic software and V Carve.
EtP

EtP

Re: Relief Printing

Post by EtP »

EtP wrote:Has anyone tried relief printing blocks with Photo Carve?
There is incredible potential here for printing posters, up to 4 color process since the screen angles, frequency and color seperations are possible with most graphic software like Corel Draw and Photo Carve to make the relief blocks. Is there anyone out there with experience in this area?
EtP

drodda

Post by drodda »

What is a relief printing block? Photo or link to a photo?

Dave

EtP

Post by EtP »

drodda wrote:What is a relief printing block? Photo or link to a photo?
http://www.dickblick.com/categories/blockprinting/
http://www.answers.com/topic/block-printing
Another name was letter press printing.
EtP

Dave

drodda

Post by drodda »

Thanks,

Dave

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

This would be able to be done on a cnc. I have some artist mates, I'll see what they think.
However i don't know anyone who has done this before and i don't quite see the point of it being done on a CNC?
but then i'm not an artist/printer.

Regards
Bart

EtP

Post by EtP »

Wemme wrote:This would be able to be done on a cnc. I have some artist mates, I'll see what they think.
However i don't know anyone who has done this before and i don't quite see the point of it being done on a CNC?
but then i'm not an artist/printer.

Regards
Bart
Bart-
As I am a printer with the wide format electonics and have some background in commercial printing such as letter press, lithography and such, I have been exploring the use of a cnc and Photo Carve/VCarve to make the relief blocks and then print by hand using traditional methods. I'm getting the impression that this may be a new application on some old skill areas.
Thank you.
EtP

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Bart-
As I am a printer with the wide format electonics and have some background in commercial printing such as letter press, lithography and such, I have been exploring the use of a cnc and Photo Carve/VCarve to make the relief blocks and then print by hand using traditional methods. I'm getting the impression that this may be a new application on some old skill areas.
Thank you.
EtP
it's good to hear it's working out,
You could post some pictures of your work.
Regards
Bart