Wavy Panels

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
monlover
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech 4X8 with 8 tool

Wavy Panels

Post by monlover »

Hi,
Finally have the VCP software and I thought all will be easy and some clicks and all what i want will come true, but the realty is totally not what I imagined. so i an hear now to get the help from the professionals.
got a very expensive router bit, and all trying to create the attached pattern but as you can see, the original has all groves SAME DEPTH, how is the world this could be done.
the attached VCP panel demonstration showing even flat areas did not get any grooving, how i keep the Z of going up and down, i guess the movement has to be the Y front and back.
please advice what am i doing wrong.
please see attached pictures for the project and tool used, also what other tools could be used to accomplish this pattern.

Thank you.
Attachments
2017-08-15_2023.png
2017-08-15_2017.png
2017-08-15_2016.png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Wavy Panels

Post by Adrian »

Looks like you're using the fluting toolpath. The more usual way to do a panel would be to either use the Texture toolpath or use the Vector Texture tool and create a VCarve, profile or pocket (depending on the result you want) toolpath using your bit.

Without seeing the vectors you're starting with to duplicate the pattern it's hard to give an exact answer.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Wavy Panels

Post by ger21 »

Draw several "wavy" vectors that are roughly paralllel, and not more than the fixed distance apart, maybe the radius, or slightly more, and do a profile cut on the line, at the same depth.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com