Ideas????

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
FrankN
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Automation CNC Shark

Ideas????

Post by FrankN »

Hi Guys, I am a newbie and hate to bother y'all with something like this, but I just got PhotoCarve software for my CNC Shark. I found a photo and changed it to black and white. Got the contrast like I thought it should be, and loaded it up for cutting. Now the bit moves very very little and doesn't do anything, like it is in millimeters. I have double checked to make sure it is in inches, re-figured the entire program, and the same thing happens.. I need a suggestion please. I am sure it is something I am doing, or , maybe not doing. Help?? Thanks, I appreciate anything you can suggest. Thanks in Advance

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Ideas????

Post by Adrian »

Are the units you're using the same in the output from PhotoVCarve and your machine? If your machine is set to inches then you need to select the correct inches post processor when outputting the code from PVC.

FrankN
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Automation CNC Shark

Re: Ideas????

Post by FrankN »

I am 99% sure the post processor is set in inches, but 99% would mean I am not sure, right? Thanks Adrian, I'll double check that tomorrow as I am at work right now. That will be the first thing I do when I get home. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and giving me a suggestion on something to look at. Thanks Again