PhotoVCarve Tool List Blank

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Win Brayer
Model of CNC Machine: Mako CNC Shark HD

PhotoVCarve Tool List Blank

Post by Win Brayer »

When I go to my Tool List it is Blank. The program defaults to the 60 degree V Bit. It will let me Edit that bit. What has gone wrong and how do I get my Tool List back?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: PhotoVCarve Tool List Blank

Post by martin54 »

The easiest way is probably going to be to uninstall the program & then install it again :lol: :lol:

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: Guess I'm not the only one with that issue. I've tried re-installing to no avail. Even when I fill in a new tool I get the message that it has not been saved though it's still there for the whole session. Once I close down the session its gone the next time I restart the program. Sure would like an answer to that issue. Another is through the years I've had to re-install Photo V-Carve into new computers but all the test files have been lost. Help? Norm

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Problem with PhotoVCarve is that it's quite an old program and installs it's user updateable files into the Program Files folder which is a no-no with all recent versions of Windows.

If you're running with User Account Control set (the default) in Windows then copies are made of those types of file and they're stored in the Virtual Store for the logged in user. It's quite easy to get into a mess with the security settings which can cause the files not to be saved etc.

Running the program as an administrator might be worth a go if you're having problems.