Photo vcarve help

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
DMcDonald
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop2

Photo vcarve help

Post by DMcDonald »

Tried running my first pvc and didn't get the results I had hoped for. Here a photo of the result I got. It seems that it cut to deep. I had the depth set at .04.I tried posting the cut file but it said it is to big. Thanks for any help
Attachments
oliverpvc.jpg
oliverpvc.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 1994 times

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Photo vcarve help

Post by martin54 »

what was your process? Have you finished it or just cut it, sorry but the photo is a bit small for my eyes lol. If all you have done is cut it then you need to finish it to bring out the detail.

Have a read through some of the gallery posts as a lot of them contain details of how they were done & there are also some good tips, I would post a link to mine but I still haven't completed one I am actually happy with :oops: :oops:

I Read a lot of posts by other people who have though :lol: :lol:

DMcDonald
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop2

Post by DMcDonald »

Yeah for some reason the picture didn't come out big. It ran and didn't leave any space between the lines. I think it might look good as a lithophane but was trying for just a picture. The preview looks good. I did wipe some dark stain into it and it shows up but not like what I was hoping for. I got a file of a harley from another user on here and was hoping for similiar results. .04 depth 60 degree v-bit 75% line spacing. Number of lines 230 space between lines .035 line angle 65. I tried to post the file but ut said to big and wouldn't let me.

weber765
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home built and modified Vytek rebel

Post by weber765 »

For a picture I usually use a line spacing of between 120% to 135% and a depth of .025 to .040. The line spacing and depth of cut needs to be wide enough that it does not overlap the previous line. Hope this helps some.

Glenn

fadimore
Model of CNC Machine: Inventables

Post by fadimore »

I have photovcarve, and I do not finished one job,because I do not use the write wood, when I finished the job ,I use stain ,it is go bad ,the photo not like good,it us different from samulat in program than I saw in the wood,also it difficult to know how it is will be the photo,the wood not have clear surface,so some thing not carve.

mwwock
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift With 4th axis

Post by mwwock »

I bet all you need to do is put sanding sealer on before you put your stain.