Stepover

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Stepover

Post by Samson »

In the trial version, the stepover cannot be adjusted. Can it be adjusted in the full version to eliminate the checkering?

TIA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Stepover

Post by Adrian »

The trial version and the full version are identical apart from the trial only being able to output code from the trial files. There is no stepover setting in PhotoVCarve.

It's the line spacing that you need to adjust. Values can be typed in directly if the slider values aren't small/large enough for your needs.

Samson
Vectric Wizard

Post by Samson »

It won't go past 100%. Since it's stuck there, I don't know if that going higher than 100% will add or subtract lines and spacing. It's showing .063 right now, if that helps.

Samson
Vectric Wizard

Post by Samson »

OK, I was able to manually put a value in the box. I entered 10 and it made a huge improvement.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I've not been able to get good results in wood but have read lots of posts :lol: :lol:
Quite a few of the gallery threads have the settings that were used which should help, what sort of bit are you using? Engraving bits seem to be quite popular there is quite a long thread started by someone who doesn't seem to be on the forum anymore, not sure if it is true as he didn't seem to want to give to much away but he had said that he set the line spacing to be approx the same size as the flat on the bottom of the engraving bit.