Color Detail

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Trsest
Model of CNC Machine: OX custom

Color Detail

Post by Trsest »

I have looked through the other posts and have not found this so I hope I'm not asking a common question. My first litho turned out pretty good as far as the picture is concerned. There is a lot of detail showing. BUT there is no real depth to the color - I know there is no real color but in some of the other peoples examples it almost looks like it is in color or a really good B&W photo anyway. Mine has a lot of actual detail just no color depth. What provides that detail? The depth? The only thing I can see different on mine from others is I really didn't cut close to the bottom of the material. I used .250 corian with a .080 offset and a max depth of .130. I used a 30 degree V bit to carve it with. I can attach the litho once I take a picture of it.
Thanks

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Re: Color Detail

Post by calgrdnr »

To get the depth of field/3d effect I find it best on .25 corian to go to cut depth of .21.

bottom line is you want 0.04 to get the whites to really show up. Of course you create something that can break easy( so thin)
also make sure your corian is .25 or zero from the table making sure you leave 0.04 on the lithophane. Vbit can cut the 0.21 with no problems. I am sure you will see big difference :)

Trsest
Model of CNC Machine: OX custom

Re: Color Detail

Post by Trsest »

Thanks Ill try it tonight.