lithoplane question

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
drrobin
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Handibot

lithoplane question

Post by drrobin »

Tried my first lithoplane today...having problems getting all projects to 'cut' correctly. When you are doing a lithoplane, is the bit supposed to be spinning? Mine wasn't... I was thinking it was. Here's my settings. If it's supposed to, it may be my collet. I just ordered one more specific to the router (and much more expensive of course) but need to make sure it works. My cuts were very shallow and I finally stopped it about half way through because it was only taking a tiny layer off...any ideas of what I'm doing (having problems with all my cuts not cutting into the wood as well.)
Attachments
lithoplane setting
lithoplane setting

drrobin
Vectric Apprentice

Re: lithoplane question

Post by drrobin »

Also, my material was 1/4 inch corion...thanks, Robin

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Bit needs to spin, only bit that doesn't is a drag bit and that is used to "etch", not cut.

Tough to say what could be the problem not being familiar with your machine and not knowing control software, seems you are either not zeroing correctly or you have a flaw in the machine - But of course, a non spinning bit can explain it as well. Are you zeroing on top of the material, and what method do you use to zero ?
Doug

drrobin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by drrobin »

I have a handibot-just got it. I zero by moving the z downward until it just hits the top of the material. Zeroing off the top of the material...ordered a better collet in case that is the problem too...but realize user error is most likely:-) thanks, Robin