Spindel problem-gcode sender?!?

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Spindel problem-gcode sender?!?

Post by franazzo »

Hi All:
I am new to this and I tried out the software and I made some samples - which turned out not too badly for the first go at it. However, now I run into a problem! I am loading up the picture in Photo V Carve and I followed the procedure until the end. The picture in Preview looks good and I save the file.
Now when I start up Universal G Code Sender, I make sure it starts in the right port. Then I import my picture and press the send button. Everything looks okay but my spindle just stays in the same spot and only moves a maximum of 1/16" back and forth. The G Code sender displays all of the commands on the screen. But still the spindle doesn't move around, just makes the slight 1/16" movement. I don't understand what is going wrong when initially the software shows the proper finished picture in Preview.
My machine is a Shapeoko 3 and came with it's own software, which I also tried after all this trouble and every thing still works fine in there. So I am thinking that it could maybe be the G code sender? But I would really like to find out where I may be making any mistakes. I would appreciate any advice I can get!
Thanks
Franco

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Spindel problem-gcode sender?!?

Post by Adrian »

Have you got the units set to the same on the machine as they are in the Post Processor you're using? If you've got mm and inches mixed up you will get this behaviour.

franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Re: Spindel problem-gcode sender?!?

Post by franazzo »

Adrian wrote:Have you got the units set to the same on the machine as they are in the Post Processor you're using? If you've got mm and inches mixed up you will get this behaviour.
Thank you Adrian, I have the problem solved.