Is PhotoVCarve A Stand Alone Processor

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
roper
Model of CNC Machine: piranha_1000

Is PhotoVCarve A Stand Alone Processor

Post by roper »

I have the Cut2D v8 software for my cnc piranha machine. Thinking I would like to try carving photos, especially one of my mother who passed away a year ago, for my family. From reading vectric website, I am not sure if the photovcarve is a stand alone software and thus does not have to be loaded in say cut2d, vcarve, aspire or other wood carving software in order to produce the carving. I downloaded the trial photovcarve software and when I went to save the photo in to a tap file it didn't require a vectric crv file to be saved, just the tap file unlike tap files I generate in Cut2D. Sorry this may sound like a stupid question but reluctant to buy photovcarve not knowing. Thanks, Roger

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Is PhotoVCarve A Stand Alone Processor

Post by martin54 »

It is a stand alone product so will generate the code required to send to your machine but the post processors are different I believe so you may want to check there is one available for your machine.
You can also import photo vcarve files into other vectric software if you are working on a project where other machining is required. When it is imported it comes in as a complete file with all the toolpathing already done.

tonydude
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Is PhotoVCarve A Stand Alone Processor

Post by tonydude »

Take a look at this page it's from the company that makes the piranha. Look at the download for the processors http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=26 If you have any other questions go to http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.p ... 10612ef461 That is the forum for cnc shark machines from rockler.

Tony