Trial Version User

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
pjblues
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute 6

Trial Version User

Post by pjblues »

Hello,

I am a use of V Carve Pro and decided to download the Photo V Carve today. Everything was fine until I had to designate my processor. My processor, Axiom is not listed. I could not find the Applications File to drop in my processor which I downloaded. Is there a processor file for Photo Carve like there is in V Carve?

Thanks.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Trial Version User

Post by dhellew2 »

I don't believe that trial version will create a tool path. Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

PhotoVCarve is a much older program than VCarve and doesn't have as many Post Processors available as standard. You can output a toolpath for any of the trial files supplied with it.

The location for where the Post Processors are stored is different as well. They are in the PostP folder in the PhotoVCarve folder within the Program Files folder.

Note that the Post Processors for VCarve and Aspire are likely to have sections in them that PVC won't recognise and they would need to be removed before it would work. The Post Processor Editing guide on the VCarve Help menu has a section that explains the differences.

pjblues
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute 6

Post by pjblues »

Excellent! Thanks so much, I found the folder. I am sure the Trial Version is not going to be anything like the real version. I just want to run a sample to see what it looks like before I purchase the real thing.

Again, thanks so much.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Apart from the fact that you can only output toolpaths for the supplied demo files the trial is identical to the full version.