Lost files

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
OLDMAN
Model of CNC Machine: SELFMADE

Lost files

Post by OLDMAN »

:?: :?: I've had several tries at creating photovcarve project and I save them as a BMP file and also a JPEG file. When I want to go back to them later I can't open them when I click or type in the name of the file. What is the proper procedure to save a file from time of completion to sending it to Mach3. This is my 1st go around and I thought i learned how by watching videos but guess not. Any and all help greatly appreciated in advance. Paul aka Oldman

rrrevels
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Lost files

Post by rrrevels »

I don't have photoVcarve but I suspect it works similar to Aspire as far as saving files. You would have to save the file as a photovcarve type file which I think would be a .pvc extension or something similar. The BMP and JPEG extensions are for saving the expected results screen. To get a file to Mach3 you have to use the post processor for Mach3. It will save a file with a .txt extension. That is the file that is loaded in to Mach3.

I hope this makes a little sense.

Russ
CAMaster MC3050-R w/steppers and Mach3, Aspire 8.02 D&C Series 1A &1B - Wildlife Scenes

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You need to go to the PhotoVCarve file menu and click on Save. As Russ says that will create a PVC file which is the file you need to load in next time you want to work on the project either by double clicking on the file in Windows or by using the File menu Open item in PhotoVCarve.

OLDMAN
Model of CNC Machine: SELFMADE

Post by OLDMAN »

:) Thank you gentlemen; Greatly appreiated