Large litho question

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Large litho question

Post by martin54 »

Don't think I am missing the point but clearly the software is misleading me :lol: :lol:

I have had the software for quite a while but hadn't used it at all until very recently, yes I am trying to get good results in wood & know the difference between wood & a solid surface material but it wasn't the difference in materials that was throwing me.

If you look at the screen shots you have posted it says Number of passes in Z = 4, like I say being new to it all I thought that meant that it would do 4 passes to reach the maximum machining depth, I have played about altering the depth trying to get the best results I could before actually machining, using a 1.5mm ballnose bit which has a pass depth set at 1.5mm by me anything under 1.5mm then the software would tell me it was one pass in Z, above 1.5mm then it would change to 2, 3 or what ever depending on what I set as the maximum carving depth.

I didn't realise it just plunged in & did it all in one pass, so why does the software tell me it will take 4 passes?