Router stops running in the middle of a Photo Vcarve

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
duane_s
Model of CNC Machine: black diamond

Router stops running in the middle of a Photo Vcarve

Post by duane_s »

I'm new to PVC and have only done a few carvings. The last couple have been very good. When I get time, I'll post them in the gallery. When I run a PVC file, the router will stop running for a second or two at what seems like random times when I have the router plugged into the control box. So I had to sit and watch the job, pausing the job until the router spins up again.

To test the router, I plugged it into a different circuit and it went through an entire cut of 2 and a half hours without stopping. I haven't plugged it back into the controller yet. I don't have this problem when I'm cutting a VCarve Pro file. Has anyone heard of this before. I've had my system less than one year.

I have a Shark Black diamond CNC and CNC Shark Control Panel two with a Dewalt router.

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: Router stops running in the middle of a Photo Vcarve

Post by tonydude919 »

Have you contacted nextwaveautomation about the problem? Call them at 419-318-4822 probably Monday because they might be closed for the weekend.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

some router motors have a heat protection switch in them. They get hot and shut down until the heat cools enough.

bill565
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: One of those "Practical"4x4s

Post by bill565 »

I had a tough time finding a cause when I was having issues with control at mid points, but mine ended up being PC related and wanting to go to sleep. I know with my long runs for lithos I started to get the intermittent lines like lost steps when the pc wanted to sleep do to no activity. Had to follow the configuration to force it to never suspend at all.

With the router in the control panel, I was wondering if something similar might be occurring. As it cut for an extended time when on another outlet/circuit, it could be heat within the control panel, or some other type of command to have this occur and that got me thinking about my fun when tracking down my issue.

HTH, Bill
Save the Whales, Collect the Whole Set
http://www.bcnc-fab.com

duane_s
Model of CNC Machine: black diamond

Post by duane_s »

Bill, That makes sense except that I can cut an equally long VCarve Pro project and the router doesn't stop. It happened in two different projects, the axis motors continued on their course, just the router motor stopped for a short time. It seems like it was about in the middle of the projects.

I will take Tony's advise and call Next Wave on Monday, to see if they can help me.

Thanks