PhotoCarve help!

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: PhotoCarve help!

Post by martin54 »

I didn't realize I was reversing left-right from the original photo when carving the back till yesterday

You aren't the first & doubt you will be the last to do that lol, to be honest with general photos it doesn't make a lot of difference, I did it once with a family photo as an experiment to see how long it took for someone to spot the difference & not one of the family ever noticed, the 2 pictures were in the same room as well.

NewAgent45
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD2 - Black Diamond CP v2.1

Re: PhotoCarve help!

Post by NewAgent45 »

BDM,

I’ll look at “Kent’s method“ for my first test’s on Corian. I think Tony’s instructions were written using Aspire I’m using PhotoCarve so for me it would be hard to follow.

Yes! I noticed the evidence of skipping in my test on amber acrylic. I believe I got sloppy with my mounting in this one. I’m directly mounting my acrylic sheet to my spoil-board using
Double-sided carpet tape. On this one I left some gaps between the tape, instead of complete coverage. I also have a concern about the T-Slots in my spoil-board. I may need to change my mounting technique. This is the first one I saw this skipping.

Thanks again for your advice.

………… Rod