What software to use for editing

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Roy Esslinger
Model of CNC Machine: home built

What software to use for editing

Post by Roy Esslinger »

I am very new to the Vectric Forum and this is my first post. I think I need an editing software for photocarve but don't know which one to get can anyone please give me some advice.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: What software to use for editing

Post by Bob Reda »

A lot of folks use gimp which is free, if you have microsoft you can use paint. Looking for something to pay for, try corel, or adobe photoshop.

Bob

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: What software to use for editing

Post by martin54 »

Depends on what you are prepared to spend & how easily you are able to learn how to use new programs. There are free programs such as gimp available which will be capable of what you require but generally speaking free programs don't have a lot of support, tutorials are short in supply & often badly made when you can find them. This makes it more difficult to learn how to use the software for a lot of people & costs valuable time trying to learn.
Paid for software is generally much better supported, just look at vectric as an example, great tutorials & a forum full of people using their software who are very helpful.
If you go down the photoshop or coral route you don't need to buy the latest version, you can pick up older versions of the software at very good prices & still benefit from lots of help using the software which means a lot less time learning how to use it & more time to play with the cnc.