Litho Preview

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Barbara
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Black Diamond Edition

Litho Preview

Post by Barbara »

I just took a look at the Designer 2.0 software for Compucarve. The litho preview is awesome. You can see what the actual finished litho looks like including backlit. Why doesn't pvc have this capability or am I missing something? I am brand new to cnc and this forum so hello to all and I have already gotten great tips here so thank you.

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: Litho Preview

Post by tonydude919 »

Aspire has preview for lithophanes but not photo vcarve.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard

Post by tonydude919 »

Barbara,

Have you checked out http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.p ... 10612ef461 that is the forum website for the cnc shark machines.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

Hi Barbara and welcome!

Aspire doesn't have the preview you are talking about, either. If fact, I've never seen a backlit preview option, before. Pretty cool, but really not needed. If you check out the forum, you will find a lot of tutorials foe lithos for both PhotoVcarve and Aspire, which will give excellent results.

Do you already have a CompuCarve, or still shopping? There are better options out there - just saying... 8)
Ron Sloan

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12871

Go to the 5th entry download the pdf. It will show you how to get Lithophane preview in Aspire
at least good likeness.it enables you to see the difference between cutters .

the first PDF has mistakes go to 5th entry for better pdf.

F04 - Creating Lithophanes with Aspire http://support.vectric.com/tut-aspire-3d-techniques

hope this helps Kent

Strat
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ CNC / HHC

Post by Strat »

PVC as in plastic is solid color, try Lexan its clear and very flat. I use it in my day job all the time.
Cheers, Carl

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard

Post by tonydude919 »

What I meant to say was it does have the create component from toolpath preview. If you go to http://support.vectric.com/tut-aspire-3d-techniques on the third tutorial down it shows you how to Creating Lithophanes with Aspire.

Tony

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Seems to be a bit of confusion in this thread. The OP is talking about PhotoVCarve (PVC) not the material.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Barbara wrote:I just took a look at the Designer 2.0 software for Compucarve. The litho preview is awesome. You can see what the actual finished litho looks like including backlit. Why doesn't pvc have this capability or am I missing something? I am brand new to cnc and this forum so hello to all and I have already gotten great tips here so thank you.
Hi Barbara,

I agree the Litho Preview in the CarveWright Designer 2 software is a wonderful feature! I wouldn't be surprised if Vectric's PhotoVCarve might have a similar feature sometime in the future.

I was a CarveWright Beta tester when the Litho Preview was added in Designer 2. Initially, it was a "fixed amount of light showing through" regardless of the project's material thickness setting. After a few of us expressed a desire for it to adjust the preview based upon an "awareness" of the material thickness, the CarveWright programmers added that ability. The preview gives an even more accurate rendition of what the end result will look like. Very cool and handy! It allows the user to experiment with different carve depths and so on, BEFORE commiting to actual machining.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Barbara
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Black Diamond Edition

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for all the info everyone!