PVC First timers (please help)

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
carveamemory
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz S1000T

PVC First timers (please help)

Post by carveamemory »

Hi guys,

We're new to the pvc software and are in desperate need of some assistance, so far we've managed to upload the pic we'd like to use, set the cutting size's and depths, when transferred to v-carve pro we manage to cut the art but somehow it looks nothing like the picture just diagonal lines.

If someone out there has enough time to maybe explain step by step what we need to do it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: PVC First timers (please help)

Post by tonydude919 »

Have you looked at the tutorials and watched the videos? Lot of help at support.vectric.com

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

Alan Male
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: heiz 400T

Post by Alan Male »

What material are you cutting and to what depth?
CNC m/c - Heiz 400T
Software - Aspire, VCarve Pro, Photo VCarve, WinPC-NC
CAD - Catia V5

carveamemory
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz S1000T

Post by carveamemory »

Hi tony, we have watched the tutorials but something still isn't right and alan we're using kiln dried oak and cutting at a depth of 0.04inch.

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

I don't know what the picture looks like that your trying to carve but often times its better for me to use the profile toolpath instead of the VCarve toolpath. I still use a vbit usually a 60 degree vbit and do a profile on setting. I make sure I set the depth of cut to maybe .01 to .05 depending on the picture. The toolpath preview is your friend and will show you what the carving will look like before you run it. If the preview doesn't look right don't run it.

Post the picture you are trying to carve if you can, you'll probably get a better response.

Mark

I'm sorry I misread your post I thought you were trying to vcarve using VCP.

samr77
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by samr77 »

After you have cut the lines for the picture, to be able to see the picture, you need to have paint or stain in the grooves to be able to see the picture. For mine, I spray painted and use a satureated rag with paint thinner and wiped the paint from the area between the lines and did some light sanding. Then the picture popped out.
You did not mention that you had done any finishing so I thought you might be just looking at the unfinished lines in the wood.

Sam

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

Photo-V-Carving is very sensitive to setting the zero accurately on the material. Too low by a few thou and all you will see are diagonals.

Can you post photos?
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com