Help with wording in PVC

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
joepetree40
Model of CNC Machine: zebnot 12x16

Help with wording in PVC

Post by joepetree40 »

I have used v carve pro for about a year and I love it a lot. So now I'm trying a new adventure. I bought the PVC and I've uploaded my picture but I'm having trouble with finding a way to add text is there not a way to use both v carve pro and PVC at the same time to be able to add text above the picture?

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Re: Help with wording in PVC

Post by fretsman68 »

Forgive me as I do not have PVC, but if I remember correctly, you do your toolpathing in PVC, and save it, and then import that into VCarve for adding other details.

Dave
--------------
Dave

motoxy
Model of CNC Machine: home built 3 soon 4 axis

Post by motoxy »

If you want words on the picture then add them directly to the picture before you import it to pvc.. Keep it in black and then when you import the picture to pvc it will just print out the words with the picture.

If the words are going over the picture and out of the frame then create the pvc file with as much of the text as is covering the picture and add the extra with vcarve after you import the pvc tool path.

Hope this helps. I am recovering from flu and may well be rambling a bit.

I do not think that you can alter the toolpath from pvc once you have imported it. Only the start depth.

bruce

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

See tutorial 9 on this page - http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... esign.html - for how to work with PhotoVCarve files in VCarve including adding text.

motoxy
Model of CNC Machine: home built 3 soon 4 axis

Post by motoxy »

DOH! Just reread the original request. Thought you were asking about text on the picture. Sorry if I created confusion for you. Adrian is right follow the tutorial and you will find that it is quite easy really.

joepetree40
Model of CNC Machine: zebnot 12x16

Post by joepetree40 »

Thanks for the help everybody :) it was very helpful.