LithoPhanes

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Re: LithoPhanes

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi Richard: I'd like to know where or how you got the 2 pictures you show. It looks like photo carve will do a nice job of 3D carving those pictures. I hope cs5 is not a requirement,$$$$$$. I do have Photo Shop 7. Norm

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Norman,

I believe that the pictures were samples provided with the machine that Richard purchased,
I am not entirely sure that they should have been posted up on a forum so they have been removed.

Cheers,

Mark.

Richard_C
Model of CNC Machine: Oliver1013

Post by Richard_C »

Hi Norm,
Those photos were part of the sample files that came with my iCarver 1013(supplied by OLIVER MACHINERY out of Oregon).

I would like to apologize for any wrong doings on my part for posting the two photos, they were meant to show the audience of what I was(and still am)trying to achieve with PhotoVCarve. I not sure how that particular effect was done. I can tell you this, came out very nice. Kinda looks like slow rolling waves. Still trying to get that slow rolling (curved) effect with PhotoShop CS5. If anyone knows on how to get a "curved"(rolling) effect, please let us know.
Keep in touch.
Richard_C

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Did you see this thread - http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2282

It's a long one but it does explain the technique in Corel which you could apply to CSS5. I've been able to get similiar results in the graphics program I use - Xara Designer Pro - by following the steps in the thread.

silent guy in back
Model of CNC Machine: iCarver 40-915X

Post by silent guy in back »

Mark wrote:Hello Oliver,

Two of the post processors that I sent to Richard are PhotoVCarve compatible versions of the
"x" type ones that you use with VCarve Pro and include the G70/G71 instruction for Inch / Metric.

Apologies, I was not aware that you used PhotoVCarve, I would have sent you them.

I have attached them below, please give them a try and let me know if they work for you.
iCarverXmm.pp
iCarverXinch.pp
I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

I have tried to use both of these Post Processors for Photo V Carve and they don't work. They do work for the 3D Cut and for V Carve Pro, but not the Photo V Carve.
The Silent Guy In Back

silent guy in back
Model of CNC Machine: iCarver 40-915X

Post by silent guy in back »

oliverhbailey wrote:I have an iCarver 915X from General CNC which has the same problem. Originally a single post processor was provided iCarver (mm).dat which was used for PhotoVCarve and VCArvePro. A recent update to firmware allows inch or metric to be selected and new post processor files were provided as you note in your post. It seems the post processors work for VCarve Pro but don't work for PhotoVCarve, causing the error you identified.

I believe the manufacture is aware as I sent the errors to Genera last week. Hopefully we'll see new post processors for PhotoVCarve soon.

I also have the 915X from General and have been in contact with Reps from both companies and have not been able to get a Post P for the PhotoVCarve yet. Mark from Vectric has been great trying to help with this and I have received the Post P for VCarve Pro and 3D Cut that work great, but will not work with PhotoVarve at all.
Hopefully someone further down the list has an answer for the Post P for the Vectric program.
The Silent Guy In Back

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello silent guy in back,

I sent you a post processor that will work with PhotoVCarve yesterday,
perhaps this has been caught by your spam filter.
The ones attached to the earlier post on this topic should also work.
If they do not, perhaps you could obtain some documentation for the format
of code that is suitable for your particular machine and send this to us.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

bixwaltg
Model of CNC Machine: Intellicarv 1015

Post by bixwaltg »

Mark,

I am using vcarve pro 7.015. I created a project and when tried to save this file for a Intellicarve pro 1015 machine I get the following error:
"Error: The visible toolpaths use different tools and the selected Postprocessor does not support tool changing".

I am using one tool. I am new to this. Please help me resolve this problem. I am using a purchased version of vcarve pro.

Walter Greenaway

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Check if the tool number is the same. You might have two 1/4" end mills (for example) with different tool numbers and the software thinks they're different.

If the tools really are different (doesn't sound like they should be in this case) then you need to save each one as a separate file.

Have you been through the tutorials and FAQ's at http://support.vectric.com ? Lots of useful information there that will smooth the learning curve out.

Doesn't matter now but in future it would be best to start a new thread in the VCarve section for any questions. This is an old thread and relates to PhotoVCarve.