Need a variation on CSV to 2D gadget with layers

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Need a variation on CSV to 2D gadget with layers

Post by dealguy11 »

I need something that works pretty much exactly like Paul Rowntree's CSV to 2D gadget, but with 1 addition. It would be extremely helpful to me if there was a way to change layers for each 2d item created.

Specifically what I'm doing is creating the vectors for MDF doors. I have an Excel spreadsheet that creates each of the vectors for a door (the cutout vector, the internal vectors for each of the profiles, the corner vectors for corner cleanouts, etc.). It would be stunningly helpful to me if I could designate the specific layer that each vector lives in - perhaps through a line with a special character at the beginning - for example "!LayerName" or similar.

I could sit down and learn the programming language, but frankly I'm too busy making doors. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks!
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Re: Need a variation on CSV to 2D gadget with layers

Post by PaulRowntree »

CSV already does this. As of the version from 20140526 you can include text commands in the file that tell the CSV gadget to make specific shapes (pie sections, polygons, rectangles, NACA profiles, etc), change the units (mm, inch), or use specific layer names. Text commands start with an exclamation mark, and most are followed by parameters for that command.

i think the command you want to put vectors on the layer 'dealguy11' then some others on 'dealguy12' is

Code: Select all

!Layer, dealguy11

<vector stuff here >

!Layer, deallguy12

<more vector stuff here>
The commands are listed on pages 2-3 of the PDF manual, but if there are special needs, they are easy to add.
Attachments
TreeSoft CSV.pdf
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 381 times
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Thanks a lot, Paul!! I guess I haven't updated my copy of that gadget in a long time. That's amazingly helpful.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

You're welcome! The combination of a programmer like XL+CSV+Aspire/VCP is really powerful and flexible.
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com