Script recorder-player.

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
zohozer

Script recorder-player.

Post by zohozer »

I will appreciate to see a script recorder-player in Vectric products. This will help a lot with automatisation of repetitive tasks.

I have a lot of files to which I need to apply the same steps in order to generate my g-code and a way to automate all this tasks will be welcomed.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Script recorder-player.

Post by Adrian »

I use AutoIt3. Works fine with Vectric products and have several automation scripts that I use every day.

zohozer

Post by zohozer »

Adrian wrote:I use AutoIt3. Works fine with Vectric products and have several automation scripts that I use every day.
Please can you share this scripts? I want to learn how I can automate my own tasks. Thank you.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Creating an AutoIt3 script for Vectric products is no different to any other Windows program. There are lots of example scripts with the AutoIt3 download. My scripts would be pretty meaningless as they all interact with custom gadgets that I have written to automate key parts of my business.

makecnc
Model of CNC Machine: many

Post by makecnc »

please excuse my lack of knowledge here on this
but am i to assume i could automate tasks in Autocad using this script as well as Vectric
just would love a bit more info on how it automates vectric task ? what is the basic process ?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

AutoIt3 can automate any Windows program such as AutoCad and VCarve/Aspire. You will need to be able to write simple programs to do it though.

There are other simpler macro record/play Windows program as well that don't involve scripting/programming but they are limited by nature.