Request to develop gadget for nesting parts from spreadsheet

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
BrianR
Model of CNC Machine: Shopsabre PRO 408

Request to develop gadget for nesting parts from spreadsheet

Post by BrianR »

Hi, I posted this in the general forum, and someone suggested it could be done via a custom gadget. I'm looking to get this done, and willing to pay for it.
I'm looking for a solution to nest multiples based on a spreadsheet of part numbers. For example, in my spreadsheet might have 12 pieces of part A, 34 pieces of part B, 56 pieces of part C and so on. Up to 100-150 different parts.
I sell parts on a cut to order basis, so I'm looking to streamline the work of manually picking the parts from a file. . Ideally, I could upload a spreadsheet, and the dxf for the individual parts would populate into a vcarve file in the correct quantities. I could then nest them on a sheet.
Does someone have input on how to do this, or what tools (apps) I might look for to accomplish this?

Here is the thread https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php ... 41#p308141

If you are interested in making something like this for me, please let me know what this would take, timewise, costwise, etc :)

Brian

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: Request to develop gadget for nesting parts from spreadsheet

Post by jimandi5000 »

Hi there, I write gadgets for people. I will read the other post for the information. You can message me and we talk about it.
Thanks,
Jim