A Gadget for Customizing Your Own Hotkeys

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets

A Gadget for Customizing Your Own Hotkeys

Postby honestabram » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Having recently updated from 3.5 to 8.5 I'm really really really starting to enjoy using Aspire. Good job, fellows. I'm probably going to purchase 9.0 this evening.

However, I am constantly frustrated that there is not a shortcut key for the Line/Polyline tool or the Offset tool. Shoot, I can think of ten others I'd love to have a hotkey for. Help people! I am swamped with a foreboding workload right now, and I'm tired of drawing all day everyday. I'd like to get off my butt and build something soon.

Give us the hotkeys we demand!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded AutoHotKey. My Java skills never got very advanced, so this AHk business is something else entirely for me. People, I'm supposed to be relaxing at home right now.

At the very least, it'd be nice to hear from the vectric development team as to why they have avoided a shortcut key expansion.

Good day to you, Sir!

-Luke Ferrell
honestabram
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra 5x10 ATC

Re: A Gadget for Customizing Your Own Hotkeys

Postby Adrian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm

I've asked for that very thing a few times over the years. I don't remember ever getting an answer but if they had implemented it it would have been a bit awkward with the new quick key feature as people would probably be already using the keys for something else!

I use AutoIt3 to automate many parts of the Aspire interface and, where possible, gadgets that are linked to the gadget shortcut key facility.

Not sure if you know but one useful technique in Aspire/VCarve 9 is the spacebar. That will repeat whatever the last used vector tool was and is a big time saver I find. Plus there are the many new quick key combinations.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby honestabram » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Oh wow, Adrian I haven't purchased the new update yet, because I'm so swamped. Not a bad problem to have. I wasn't aware of the quick key feature. I'll look into that. Also, very interested in the software you mentioned. I really want to make aspire tailored to the types of projects I work on, but I'm having trouble getting very far. Thanks for the input.
-Luke Ferrell
Vine and Branches Fine Woodwork
honestabram
Vectric Apprentice

Postby honestabram » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey Adrian,
I downloaded that software. Would you be willing to send me a sample script you've written to assign a keyboard shortcut? I would be eternally grateful.
-Luke
honestabram
Vectric Apprentice

Return to Gadgets - Requests