Guitar fret board maker - Aspire 9.5

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community

Re: Guitar fret board maker - Aspire 9.5

Postby StefanK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:53 pm

leonardo.afonso wrote:Hi there,

I'm a luthier taking first spets on CNC machines and software, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But would this gadget work with VCarve Pro also?

Thanks!

It should work with VCarve Pro (though not VCarve Desktop as Desktop does not support gadgets) but not with all features. Under VCarve you will only get the 2D layout of the frets and slots, and the board outline. It will also generate guide rails and arcs for the radius BUT, you will not get the 3D model/component of the fret board for actually carving the radius.

You can still use VCarve to cut the slots and the board outline but without a 3D model you will not be able to generate the code to carve the radius. In short you can design and cut a flat fretboard but would need to radius it by hand (if needed) unless you have another way to generate the 3D model/component.
StefanK

Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4

Re: Guitar fret board maker - Aspire 9.5

Postby leonardo.afonso » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:21 am

StefanK wrote:
leonardo.afonso wrote:Hi there,

I'm a luthier taking first spets on CNC machines and software, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But would this gadget work with VCarve Pro also?

Thanks!

It should work with VCarve Pro (though not VCarve Desktop as Desktop does not support gadgets) but not with all features. Under VCarve you will only get the 2D layout of the frets and slots, and the board outline. It will also generate guide rails and arcs for the radius BUT, you will not get the 3D model/component of the fret board for actually carving the radius.

You can still use VCarve to cut the slots and the board outline but without a 3D model you will not be able to generate the code to carve the radius. In short you can design and cut a flat fretboard but would need to radius it by hand (if needed) unless you have another way to generate the 3D model/component.

Hi StefanK,
Thank you for your reply, already upgraded to aspire as I need to do radius fretboards and want to take all the advantages of this great gadget. Cheers!
leonardo.afonso

Model of CNC Machine: 3018 Pro

Previous

Return to Gadgets - User Submissions