Tool_Renumber Gadget to renumber tools

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community

Tool_Renumber Gadget to renumber tools

Postby DVE2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 pm

This gadget will renumber all your tools in your toolpaths, starting from 1. It's clever enough to use the tool name in selecting the tool number assignments, so you don't get duplicate numbers for the same tool. It's useful if you don't have an ATC, but do have an FTC. You don't have to worry about duplicate tool number errors for the post.

Download the file and rename it to Tool_Renumber.vgadget (i.e. change the "zip" to "vgadget"). Tell windows it's ok to change the extension when the dialog pops up.

In Aspire or Vcarve Pro go to Gadgets -> Install New Gadget in the menubar. Navigate to whichever directory you have the Tool_Renumber.vgadget file, and select it. The gadget should install. You can run it to renumber the tools. It can be run whenever you want - even just before you save the tap file(s). It doesn't force any recalculations of toolpaths, because that's just not necessary. You won't be prompted to, and are not required to, save your file before exiting the Vectric software. It doesn't set any "dirty and must save" status for the file.
Attachments
Tool_Renumber.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
DVE2000
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster

Re: Tool_Renumber Gadget to renumber tools

Postby GeneMpls » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Thank you Sir. I have changed programs and tool numbers several times without having time to figure it all out and hope this will help. Gene
GeneMpls
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: 4x4 PRS and 3x4' 130w laser

Postby DVE2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm

GeneMpls wrote:Thank you Sir. I have changed programs and tool numbers several times without having time to figure it all out and hope this will help. Gene

You're welcome! Hopefully it works for you.
DVE2000
Vectric Apprentice

Postby DVE2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 pm

I changed it so that the success dialog now shows the new tool list as well. You can always see this in a TAP file, but why not have it here?
Attachments
Tool_Renumber.zip
(958 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
DVE2000
Vectric Apprentice

Return to Gadgets - User Submissions