2018 User Group Meeting in Chicago - Book Your Place.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

2018 User Group Meeting in Chicago - Book Your Place.

Post by Stephanie Downing »

We would like to thank everyone for their input into where we should host our next Vectric User Group Meeting. After careful consideration we have decided to host our event in Chicago at the Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown Chicago on Friday 12th & Saturday 13th October 2018.

We'll be packing both days full covering What's New in all our products along with projects and ideas to increase your knowledge and efficiency using the software. As well as the technical benefits, the meeting also gives like-minded CNC enthusiasts a great excuse to meet up and share knowledge as well as opportunity to bring along projects to show and discuss with other attendees.

As with previous meetings, the user group will take place over two days (Friday and Saturday) and will have a strong focus on our Aspire and VCarve software however a few of the sessions will also be relevant to Cut2D. We have a lot of new things happening in 2018, which will be showcased at this event!

Due to the great amount of positive feedback from the 2017 attendees we will once again be showcasing an exciting line up of guest speakers that will not only be showing you how they turned their passion into dollars but will also be showcasing how they created their projects in Vectric software.

As we sold out so fast in 2017, the 2018 event has a new limit of 300 places to give everyone a chance to attend a bigger and better User Group Meeting. The fee per person to attend is stil $199.00. To help minimise costs, we had made arrangements with The Embassy Suites Convention Centre to offer you a discounted accommodation rate.

To book your place and discounted accommodation please click on the link below:
http://www.vectric.com/company/events/2 ... icago.html

There are a number of alternative locations available within the area. Please contact online@vectric.com if you need any assistance/ advice.

Chicago's centralised location and abundance of local attractions mean you'll certainly have plenty to do if you're thinking about tagging on some vacation time. From shopaholics and sports enthusiasts to thrill seekers and foodies, there is something for everyone.

We can't wait to see you all there!

Thanks
Stephanie

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: 2018 User Group Meeting in Chicago - Book Your Place.

Post by dwilli9013 »

Booked See you there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

dwilli9013 wrote:Booked See you there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fantastic. We're looking forward to seeing you there! :D

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

Booked! Driving from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin.

Mark

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Post by TSM2018 »

I am amazed when I have good timing to have purchased recently and then registered over the weekend for the forum... I registered this morning for the event when I saw it on the home page... and I am hoping to be able to squeeze into my schedule. Very difficult to resist when I can drive and no miserable plane travel is involved.

fwiw, "If you have any problems with booking a place for the event or reserving a room at The Las Vegas Hotel, then please email online@vectric.com." I think this needs to be edited as it looks like the event is in a Hyatt...? At least it drives me nuts when I post info and there is a mistake.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

TSM2018 wrote:I am amazed when I have good timing to have purchased recently and then registered over the weekend for the forum... I registered this morning for the event when I saw it on the home page... and I am hoping to be able to squeeze into my schedule. Very difficult to resist when I can drive and no miserable plane travel is involved.

fwiw, "If you have any problems with booking a place for the event or reserving a room at The Las Vegas Hotel, then please email online@vectric.com." I think this needs to be edited as it looks like the event is in a Hyatt...? At least it drives me nuts when I post info and there is a mistake.
Sounds like it's fate working its magic!

Thanks for the heads up..The website has been updated :D

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I have stayed in that hotel when on business trips. That is an AWESOME place to stay.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford such a trip.

Some day, I will be able to attend.

Hopefully everyone will have a GREAT time.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey All,

For those of you that couldn't make last years User Group Meeting, or have never attended one, we have created a little video to give you an idea on what you can expect from our annual event Here

We look forward to seeing you there! :D

Thanks,
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I just booked for both Chicago and McGrew's camp.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

michaelmicksr
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Post by michaelmicksr »

trying to pull the strings to get there hoping to be there. :D

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Rcnewcomb wrote:I just booked for both Chicago and McGrew's camp.
Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Samarah
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC PRO4848; 6W Opt Laser; UCCNC

Post by Samarah »

I'm fairly new to the CNC router scene but I plan to attend. Convinced my wife to attend with me. The wonders of wine! I'm excited to get some new ideas and learn new techniques.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Samarah wrote:I'm fairly new to the CNC router scene but I plan to attend. Convinced my wife to attend with me. The wonders of wine! I'm excited to get some new ideas and learn new techniques.
Hi Samarah,

Fantastic news! We're looking forward to meeting you at the event.

The User Group Meeting's are always fantastic for picking up tips and tricks as well as taking in brand new features. It's also really valuable getting to know your piers. The Vectric community has so much knowledge and are so welcoming, i'm sure you'll get a lot out of the event.

Stephanie

woodcrafter
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS 60x96

Post by woodcrafter »

I am set up for both the user group meeting in Chicago and the camp at McGrew's. I am looking forward to both. Looking forward to meeting other users too. :D
Mike

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

woodcrafter wrote:I am set up for both the user group meeting in Chicago and the camp at McGrew's. I am looking forward to both. Looking forward to meeting other users too. :D
Mike
Hi Mike,

Great news! Both events are set to be inspirational and educational. We're looking forward to welcoming you at both events :)