It isn't a full-blown gadget, just a LUA script. I took basic measurements of various acoustic guitar body shapes and set up the LUA script to create the bezier curves using ratios or percentages. This allowed me to experiment with the shapes using more of a mathematical approach.
It assumes the project is 24x24 with the XY datum position in the center of the material. It is set up to do one body design, but I have other shapes in the comment section.
To run the script:
1. Open a new project 24x24x0.5 with the XY datum position in the center of the material
2. open the LUA script using Notepad or Notepad++, or some other script editor
3. In Notepad Select all the text of the LUA script using Edit/Select All or <ctrl>A
4. In VCarve or Aspire select Edit/Paste or <ctrl>V
I've attached a ZIP file with the LUA script and a CRV job with 5 different shapes with the associated molds, forms, and spreaders for the waist and upper and lower bouts.
- (1.19 MiB) Downloaded 352 times
- Randall Newcomb