Late Christmas Present ( I guess)

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Rusty
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt

Late Christmas Present ( I guess)

Post by Rusty »

Just finished this piece. 10 inches X 24 inches. Used ash. Tried some texturing in the leaves & flowers (both different-hard to see in picture, but gave some good affects).
VCarve is great to use. I just have to keep reminding myself that the preview is pretty much what you will cut. The customer is going to paint all the detail.
I found, however, that the cutting times were a lot shorter, in the software, than the real world.

Not being from the world of wood, I sure could use some help with the whole finishing thing (masking, staining, polishing & painting).

Thanks All.

Rusty
Attachments
Edna & Peter Sign-4.JPG
Edna & Peter Sign-3.JPG
Edna & Peter Sign-1.JPG

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

That came out nice Rusty. Slap some stain on there and a little sealer and you'll be all set.

Nice work.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Re: Late Christmas Present ( I guess)

Post by js11110 »

MJR wrote: I found, however, that the cutting times were a lot shorter, in the software, than the real world.

Rusty
To get more realistic machining times you can change the "scale factor" on the estimated maching time page. When I first started using the software I did a time test and ended up with a scale factor of 1.2. Hope this helps. By the way, Nice work!!

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination