Logo and Photo - V-Carved

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
CLyon
Vectric Apprentice

Logo and Photo - V-Carved

Post by CLyon »

V-Carved store logo and V-carved photo of neices. "How to" for photo will be posted under tips - Raster to vector thread. What I told my brother was that:

Sometimes, when cutting up wood, one finds treasures embedded. One theory is that the greater the meaning and truth to a concept, the more often it is reflected in nature. Harlon Ellison once posited that nothing is real until it appears on TV, but I think he only had one piece of the truth. Actually, the more real something is the more often you find it in your travels – on TV, reflected in pond, on Ebay in a sacred potato chip or piece of toast, or sometimes in a scrap of wood. I found these pictures that bore a curious resemblance to your kids as a I was cutting up this walnut burl. Thought you might like it.
Attachments
IMG_3208.jpg
This photo is on a slice of walnut burl, and is about 5x6 inches.
(750.91 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
IMG_3204.jpg
A hardware store logo done for a friend, based on his letterhead. The original art was poor, with lots of open vectors. Much processing later, it came out like this - approx 12 in diameter.
(849.98 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

Colin P F
Vectric Craftsman

Engraved Photos

Post by Colin P F »

:D Hello everyone,

I have been playing with photos using Inkscape and photoshop and with very little effort have been able to reproduce a recognisable picture.

Cheers,

Colin
Attachments
Thomas.gif
(283.42 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Colin P F
Vectric Craftsman

Original Photo

Post by Colin P F »

Hi Everybody

I was asked to show the original photo that the previous picture was created from, as you can see I removed the clutter from around the face beforehand.

Cheers,

Colin
Attachments
Thomas.gif
(112.71 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

A test with Inkscape and Vcarve Curly maple veneer on walnut.
Attachments
Protrait
Protrait
dan curly and walnut.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 1951 times