V Carved Line Drawings

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
CLyon
Vectric Apprentice

V Carved Line Drawings

Post by CLyon »

Here are a couple of pictures carved with a HerSaf V bit (great tool), and based on Dover Clip Art originals. I feel like I am closing in on acceptable renditions of hi res photos, and will post examples when the goal is achieved.

Chris
Attachments
IMG_3201.jpg
Wizard: The figure is approx 6x6
(128.62 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
IMG_3200-1.jpg
Japanese flower arrangement (vase looks chinese, but...) approx 30 inches high
(201.81 KiB) Downloaded 704 times

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Chris,

Great Carvings!

Did you have to vectorize the Dover Clipart?

What type of machine are you running?

The photo's look great, any chance you could post higher res versions (max about 2Mb on this forum).

Regards,
Tony

hbhbbb

Post by hbhbbb »

Tony,
The machine is a ShopSabre with Porter Cable router. Bit is HerSaf 90 V bit. The art is originally Dover Clip Art with Raster to Vector conversion done in Inkscape. The wood for both is poplar 3/4 inch plywood - cheap, stable and produces interesting effects (the wizard's lightning bolts are yellow because the veneer they are cut into is yellow - dumb luck rather than art! The red flower on the flower arrangment is the result of whimsy and magic marker prior to Satin finish polyurethane.

I'd be glad to send higher res photos, but your guidelines say 256K rather than 2MB max. How big a file can you really accept??

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Chris,

You were right, the file size was limited to 256k, so we've increased it to 1Mb.

What software are you using to resample the photo's?
A 1Mb compressed jpg file should give a pretty high res image.

Are you happy that our modified ShopSabre postprocessor is running the machine correctly?
If yes, we can add this to the standard install list.

Thanks again,

Tony Mac

hbhbbb

Post by hbhbbb »

Tony,
I am using Google's photo application Picasa to scale photos- easy and inexpensive - free. Also works very well for sending moderately sized photos to family, bandwith impaired friends, etc.

The ShopSabre postprocessor is working without any glitches - it seems reasonable to distribute it. I would counsel every user to double and triple check functioning for every postprocessor on every machine at least a few times before they turn their back on it. Those CNC crashes can be expensive.

Chris