Dove Carving for Church Prayer Room

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

I’m in Gladstone Michigan about 50 miles south of Marquette.
Dan

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey there's nothing wrong with cnc'in food or drinking beer for that matter. If I sliced up a nice steak for you on my cnc machine I bet you'd eat it. I know I would and if I didn't I know the dogs would.

Hmm I think I'm digging my hole deaper here....
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevinl »

Gladstone is quite a ways for us to meet up to halfway to exchange the colored mdf. I still havent ordered any. Anyone have a suggestion where to start looking for some wood veneer?

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

I haven't bought any in quite a while, (bought a lot though) but there is always lots of it on ebay.

Les

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevinl »

Thanks for the link Dan. After looking around that site Im wondering if there is more to it than what I was thinking. Now I have a couple questions. First off do I want the paper backed stuff, the wood on wood ? Second I see there are a couple choices of adhesives......any suggestions there? What I am looking to do isnt large sheets....maybe 2footx2foot chunks.

Markm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Markm »

We have been using the paper backed and if they are small peices we use 3M super 99 spray adhasive. Just make sure that you have it lined up right because it does not come back off.

Mark M

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi kevinl
That web site is more into vacuum clamping .there is still lots of good advise to be found there. I posted it for a source for veneer. ( Their glue roller is a must have item for veneering ) I use C clamps, platens and good old white glue. Wood Magazine issue 153 had a good write up on veneering small panels and that is what I use. The clamps need to be 6 inches apart so my veneering has been 12 inches or less. They say you can use tapered crossbearers on wider pieces, but I have not tried it I plan on making some of these http://www.woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLP ... UM=125-050 only with their cheaper press screws. That will allow me to veneer wider panels.
Dan
P.S. I only use unbacked veneer .But that is because I can get veneer scraps for free. I worked for a veneer slicing company for two years and they are only a 1/4 of a mile from me.