Gallery Of Machines

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

I also can't take credit for the build, I monkeyed around with a couple of designs and finally decided I needed a machine that worked better than I could manufacture or engeneer on my own.

I looked around for a while and found this machine at the ISA show in Orlando last April. - Thats also where Barb and I found V-Carve.

The only thing I don't like about the Techno is the goofy dust collector collar. Can't see your work, can't change tools with it on, definatly needs a redesign.
Attachments
3d 003.jpg
(539.78 KiB) Downloaded 1426 times
3d 002.jpg
(551.37 KiB) Downloaded 1424 times
3d 001.jpg
(596.46 KiB) Downloaded 2178 times

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

I like the bed on that machine Kimon, gives you lots of options when it comes to clamping stuff down. I wonder if we've met, I was at the ISA show last April too. I was the bald headed guy lurking around the Vectric booth taking pictures.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Yep I talked to you, and you refered me to a smooth talking englishman who gave me a complete rundown of the program as well as the 3d clipart.

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Well I'm glad to hear that meeting me didn't stop you from buying the software.

You didn't have kids with you did you?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

No Kids, Just the wife (she looks young but...)
Attachments
photo-3.jpg
photo-3.jpg (24.66 KiB) Viewed 17100 times

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

I think I might remember you. I was hoping I had you in some of the pictues I took there, but no luck. Maybe next year I'll have better luck next year.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Jason Marsha
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Jason Marsha »

Kimon wrote:No Kids, Just the wife (she looks young but...)

I am assuming your wife does not read this forum. :D

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

hehehee, what I meant was she does not look like my kid, at least I hope not. Of course she still takes great pride in being asked for ID if she buys a bottle of wine.

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

New ShopBot

Post by lpcsales »

Well, after some major assembly and lots of learning I've finally got my 'Bot' up and going and making parts. A Sweet machine!

Here's my pics and specs:
ShopBot PRT4848
Proximity Sensors
Zero Plate
Dust Collection System
Jet Dust Collector with Remote option

Software:
CoreDraw X3
VCarve PRO
PhotoVCarve
other software
BMP2CNC
MillWizard
IMG2GCODE
Xara Xtreme

Dave
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Hey Dave I see you do vinyl and embroidery, not to take away from the Vectric board but why not stop by my board and say hello www.signforums.com/forums Because we are a business forum most areas are not vewable until you are a member because we don't want endusers poking around while we dicuss biz and pricing.

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks Kimon, I will definitely drop by.
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

Tom R

Vintage Pr Shopbot

Post by Tom R »

Hello Everyone,

After seeing Dave's brand spanking new Shopbot. I was motivated to take some pictures of my vintage machine.
It is a 1996-97 cable driven pr with a home made wooden table. I am probably the forth or fifth owner by now.
It runs on a Windows 98 computer with the dos version of the Shopbot control software.
It has not been change much since day one other than a new power supply and router.
I do my design work on the newer computer with VCarve Pro and Corel X copy to a floppy and cut from the Shopbot computer.
I have owned this machine about two years now and it paid for itself in the first two weeks that I owned it.
I mostly use it for small signs and prepping solid and raised panel wood cabinet doors for glass for a local kitchen company.
But since I purchased VCarve Pro I am finding tons of things for it to do.

Enjoy,
Tom

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey Tom welcome to the forums. I like your machine, it has attitude.

Does that Super Pacman work in the background. I haven't though about that game in a long time. I do have to say though I was more of a Zaxxon kinda guy.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Tom, that is a sweet setup you have. Love it! Looks like something from the Terminator... man, don't change a thing on it. Nostalgia is great stuff.
Dave

Jason Marsha
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Jason Marsha »

That is a very impressive machine. The cable drive is very different at least for me who is accustomed to belt, gear track and screw driven machines.
Could you post some closeups of the cable drive system?

Jason