First ShopBot and VCarve Project Run!

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

First ShopBot and VCarve Project Run!

Post by lpcsales »

Well, here it is ...not much, (and it's a lousy picture too, sorry) but it was the first file to run on my new ShopBot and no bit breakage, crashes, workpiece breakage or anything! Can't believe it!
Everything worked beautifully and it only took about 4 minutes to run. I probably could have reduced the feed rate as I can see 'some' minor roughage in the cuts. I used Vcarve Pro for generate the cut file and it was an easy task.

The wood is an Alder 9 x 12 plaque and it cut quite good considering I'm still an amateur (very) at this.
Now on to a clamping system of some sorts...thinking of the vacuum pods as it looks to be the most versatile for what I want to do.

Oh...btw, I'm the guy on the left in the carving!

David
Image[/img]
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Congrats on your first cuts, they look good. What bit did you use and what was your feed rate?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

I used a 1" dia. 60 deg. v-cutter. The feed was 3 ips and the plunge was .75 ips. The workpiece was simply held to the spoiler by carpet tape. By the end of the weekend I hope to have a vacuum pod system in place. Even though the picture doesn't show it well, some of the cuts were almost through the .75 thk. material. Probably should have used a 90 degree cutter on this one. Still a newbie in the learning process.
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

I used a 1" dia. 60 deg. v-cutter. The feed was 3 ips and the plunge was .75 ips. The workpiece was simply held to the spoiler by carpet tape. By the end of the weekend I hope to have a vacuum pod system in place. Even though the picture doesn't show it well, some of the cuts were almost through the .75 thk. material. Probably should have used a 90 degree cutter on this one. Still a newbie in the learning process.
Dave

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey Dave if you get a chance post some pictures of your new machine here: http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)