Page 1 of 1

V carved plaque for a Shelby Cobra.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:32 am
by Wemme
I made this plaque for a a guy who built his own Cobra.
Most items of the car were scratch built.
He is going to paint the plaque up and will be displayed with the car on car fairs etc.
Unfortunatly the photos didn't come out that great.

Regards
Bart

Re: V carved plaque for a Shelby Cobra.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:00 pm
by melarky
Wemme wrote:I made this plaque for a a guy who built his own Cobra.
Most items of the car were scratch built.
He is going to paint the plaque up and will be displayed with the car on car fairs etc.
Unfortunatly the photos didn't come out that great.

Regards
Bart


I just replied to your post in another thread where you mentioned his plaque. Would you be willing to share your files with the group? I would love to make something similar to this for a friend that just got almost the exact same car (he didn't build his though, he just bought it).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 pm
by Wemme
Hey Stew.

Here you go you need to use the text arc function to put a name in I used a 911 porsche font for my text.
Please note it's metric so if your using inches etc you will have to scale it down etc.
also attached is the eps, if you are going to paint your plaque, have a look on your mates bonnets logo or the net for the correct colour schem.

Regards
Bart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:55 pm
by melarky
Thanks, I am looking forward to trying this out, It really seems to cut nice. Is that cut in MDF? I think I may cut mine in MDF (or possibly in pine if I use that table top piece from the store). I think I will probably use the blue and white color scheme as he has the blue car with the white racing stripes. Thanks again for sharing these files.

Wemme wrote:Hey Stew.

Here you go you need to use the text arc function to put a name in I used a 911 porsche font for my text.
Please note it's metric so if your using inches etc you will have to scale it down etc.
also attached is the eps, if you are going to paint your plaque, have a look on your mates bonnets logo or the net for the correct colour schem.

Regards
Bart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:23 pm
by Wemme
stewbidasso wrote:Thanks, I am looking forward to trying this out, It really seems to cut nice. Is that cut in MDF? I think I may cut mine in MDF (or possibly in pine if I use that table top piece from the store). I think I will probably use the blue and white color scheme as he has the blue car with the white racing stripes. Thanks again for sharing these files.


Hey Stew.
I cut mine from 12mm MDF, sealed it with sanding sealer and grave it a little sand up.
these sort of car people tend to be quite particular about true colour match paint jobs etc so i would have a good look that you get it right.

I had a quick look at the logo that the one i cut was going to end up looking like.
Snake is green back ground around snake is white the back ground of the text ring was blue but i can't remember the collour of the text or rings i think this was gold but check it out anyway.

Happy cutting
Regards
Bart

V carved plaque for a Shelby Cobra Originated from Bart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:37 pm
by Colin P F
:D Hi Everone
I couldn't resist playing with the Shelby Cobra Logo Bart put forward, It was produced on a Gravograph IS400 Volume machine, Initially I was printing with another system and just for the fun of it decided to send it to VCarvePro just to see if it could handle it, as you can see it came up with the goods.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

Thank's for all your hard work Brian & Tony over the past few months, It shows in the software you have produced.

Cheers,

Colin

Re: V carved plaque for a Shelby Cobra Originated from Bart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 pm
by Wemme
Colin P F wrote::D Hi Everone
I couldn't resist playing with the Shelby Cobra Logo Bart put forward, It was produced on a Gravograph IS400 Volume machine, Initially I was printing with another system and just for the fun of it decided to send it to VCarvePro just to see if it could handle it, as you can see it came up with the goods.

Ha Cool, Nice work.
Regards
Bart